I haven't finished the Conservatory/Utility room yet, I am still sore after my trip into London to the hospital on Thursday, but what I did manage to get done the other day means I was able to do some sewing today.
I cleared this table that had become completely cluttered, pulled it out and washed the windows, frames, sills and floor.
I covered the table with a wipe clean cloth I had that I cut down.
I cleared out the drawers, folded fabric and reorganised a couple of them.
This is just a tiny fraction of fabric that I had that was just waiting to be folded and stored.
A drawer with some useful bits and pieces.
Table reorganised, sewing machines cleaned and put back on them. I will sew here until such time that I have the Studio back operational.
A few books that are currently out from their usual book shelving.
So back to today! It was pretty miserable outside so I thought I would do some sewing.
I copied out and cut the pattern pieces, and got the fabric for a pair of boy (doll) knickerbockers.
The still need buckles on the legs, if I can find some, and a button on the waistband. I am not happy with the stitching on the 'fly' so might undo it and stitch with a colour that blends in more. I'm not sure they are going to fit the doll that they are intended for and unfortunately I can't try them for size as I don't have the doll in question! Hopefully they will look better on than they do in this photo. They were rather fiddly to make.
Matched up some fabrics and zips
To make two little zipper pouches/cosmetic or whatever you want to use them for bags.
Last night I started sewing my hexagon flowers together.
I am just sewing them together randomly, as I grab a new flower each time.
This afternoon I went down the garden to pick the apples before we lose anymore.
They look especially good this year and rather delicious!