Slowly, slowly we are getting things done around the house. The outside has now been fully painted. Our crittall windows have been serviced and the horrible secondary double glazing has been removed - for the first time since we moved into our house we can now open all our windows with ease. It is just wonderful. Of course, it now means we have all the internal windows to re-decorate and paint now. But most of the rooms either needed doing or freshening up any way.
We also got nice new bathroom windows and this too has made a difference and will also mean that we can now get our bathroom refitted another job that has needed doing since we moved in!
Last Monday we had a call to say that the new garage door was ready and could they come and fit it. This meant a rather urgent clearing of the garage - just the impetus we needed to get a job done that had been long overdue. I think we managed to clear about eight boxes that had needed sorting through for a couple of years or so! A big car load went to the local charity shop, and I have a boot load of stuff to drop off at the tip tomorrow - yes it has been sitting in my car for almost a week as other things have stopped us going.
The old garage door wasn't especially secure and all the wood surrounds were rotting, plus it wouldn't open or close properly as someone tried to lift it from the side instead of from the centre so it got all twisted.
Nice new door - just need to get the top board repainted now. Not sure we like the handle so low, but on a whole we are very pleased with the new door and the fit. I quite liked the idea of having a green garage door to match the green trimmings on the front of the house, but in the end we decided against it as we weren't sure we would get the correct match of shade for the green.
Our old bathroom windows - these were also Crittall and we debated quite a long time as to weather get them serviced along with our other windows or to replace them with uPVC. In the end we decided to replace them as it would make redecorating much easier in the conservatory/utility room, plus make it easier in the bathroom when we got it refitted as well.
So out they had to come.
New ones fitted
Cleaner lines - on a whole so much better.
The walls and sills have since been repainted white and it all looks lovely and clean.
So my next job now is to design the refit of the bathroom and then we can get that booked in to be done. I was going to do it today, but other things happened, so that is my job for tomorrow.
A few rose pictures to be going on with...
'Smiles' to brighten your day.
This rose was planted before we moved in and just recently has started looking glorious - strange how for almost 15 years it hardly flowered and now it looks spectacular! It is just outside our back door.